Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Some Handles I Just Can't Handle

Okay, the one on the left (that's a yellow over a all-too-sky-blue glaze) is not so bad.  A bit high on the mug, I think.  But I like the little lugs.  They give your fingers something to do.



The handle on the right sucks.  Its too big.  I tried to hide it by moving the cup so you can not see how the handle does not grow out of the pot as it might.  But that's how it goes when you are getting started.

I can't imagine what stuff is going to look like, glaze-wise, before it gets fired.  They just look like some college freshman after a mud-football match or something, only not sexy at all.  Like this.

The other pots from this firing are not  very attractive. My brush work was horrid.  There were a couple bowls which weren't so yucky, despite badly trimmed feet; they've turned out to be pretty handy. The size and shape were okay, and if you put food in them you can't see the clumsy brush-work!

No comments:

Post a Comment