Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ugly Brushwork, Handy Pot

I was not going to show these to anyone, since the brushwork is cringe-inducing.  But it turns out that the shape and size are perfect for cereal in the morning, or a bowl of rice and tofu and assorted vegetables and whatever meat sneaks in for seasoning, in the evening.




I need to make more of these.  But I need to figure out something a little less awkward for the decoration. I seem to do better with slips, since they mean carving (and you can take your time with that) or doing whatever its called when you drag something across it, comb it or incise it, while its wet, which is fun and less likely to make a frigging mess.  When I think I can really do brush work, I need to think again, and just slap it on and quit thinking about it.

There it is.  Quit thinking about it.  Its that practice-realization thing, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment